Unless noted, all events are FREE to attend and open to the public. For volunteer events such as cleanups, we are happy to provide proof of service hours for civic clubs, if requested in advance.
- Community Garden Workdays** May 19th, June 1st & 23rd, July 13th & 28th, August 10th & 25th, September 14th & 29th, October 12th & 27th (closing day). Workdays begin at 10:00 except in July & August.
- Pollinator Garden planting** dates May 18th & 19th (on left side of driveway as you enter Lake Park); contact Dan Bachalis for details & times.
- Red Cross of Atlantic County Home Fire Safety Campaign**, June 1 (volunteers needed to go door-to-door to test smoke detectors, install new ones, etc.)
- “Ellie’s Thrifty Kitchen: Whole Plant Cooking” Garden Talk, June 11th 6:30 pm at the Community Garden
- Adopt-A-Road Cleanup June 15th, 9:00 am (meet at library, all supplies provided)
- Garden Talk with ShopRite Nutritionist, July 11th at 6:30 pm at the Community Garden
- Green Drinks July 19th, 7:00 pm, (location TBD)
- National Night Out, August 9** (volunteers to staff HGC table)
- Eye Opening Film & Lecture Series– tentatively August 15th at 7:00 pm.
Green Day Festival
We perform regular cleanups of S. Egg Harbor Road between the Hammonton Library and the intersection of 9th St. See our Facebook page for upcoming dates. Bags, grabbers & gloves will be provided, please wear sturdy shoes and bring drinking water. This is the perfect way to get your civic club, Scout troop, or other group outside in Nature and working for our community! No RSVP necessary, children under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.