The Hammonton Community Garden is located at 11th and Washington streets, by the NJTransit train station parking lot.
Join us for the following Community Garden Workdays, to meet fellow gardeners and beautify our shared garden space!
- April 25th Garden Opening Workday
- May 16th & 31st at 10:00 am
- June 13th & 28th at 10:00 am
- July 25th at 9:00 am
- August 22 at 9:00 am
- September 12th & 27th at 9:00 am
- October 10th & 25th at 10:00 am
- November 7th 10:00 am Garden Closing Workday
All Community Garden members (new & returning) must attend a Garden 101 session. If you are a new gardener and have not attended a session, please email us.
Please print the application, fill it out deliver completed application with payment to Frank Zuber at Town Hall. Checks should be made out to the Town of Hammonton with a note that it is for the Community Garden. Please also email email@example.com when you have submitted your application.
Regular Garden Meetings
Community Garden meeting occur during twice-monthly workdays; dates are listed below. If you have a comment, concern or suggestion that cannot wait until the next scheduled workday, please email us.
Regular Garden Workdays
In an effort to keep this community space in tip-top shape, we host regular Garden workdays. Every gardener is expected to attend at least 4 workdays per garden season.
2019 Garden workdays include:
Saturday, April 6th (2019 Opening Day!) at 10:00 am Sunday, April 14th at 10:00 am Sunday, May 5th at 10:00 am Sunday, May 19th at 10:00 am Saturday, June 1st at 10:00 am Sunday, June 23rd at 10:00 am Saturday, July 13th at 9:00 am* Sunday, July 28th at 9:00 am*
- Saturday, August 10th at 9:00 am*
- Sunday, August 25th at 9:00 am*
- Saturday, September 14th at 10:00 am
- Sunday, September 29th at 10:00 am
- Garden Potluck, October 5th at 4:30 pm — bring a dish to share & a lawn chair to enjoy the Community Garden and celebrate the end of another successful season!
- Saturday, October 12th at 10:00 am
- Sunday, October 27th (2019 Closing Day) at 10:00 am
*Please note that workdays in July & August begin at 9:00 am rather than 10:00 due to the heat.
Special Garden Events
Every season we host a number of Garden Talks, where local friends of the Garden share their expertise in a particular subject. Past topics have included canning/preserving, reducing food waste through composting, hot sauce, growing hops, garden yoga, etc. Stay tuned for 2019’s lineup of Garden Talks!
- “Ellie’s Thrifty Kitchen: Whole Plant Cooking” Garden Talk, June 11th 6:30 pm at the Community Garden
- Garden Talk with ShopRite Nutritionist, August 11th at 4:30 pm at the Community Garden
Every season we host a series of Children’s Workshop, open to children of all ages, regardless of involvement/membership in the Community Garden.
Nurturing Nature Saturday June 22nd at 10:00 AM Join us as we plant, care for and protect our garden. During this lesson we will recognize the nurturing qualities we learn from observing nature. Help us plant seedlings in our community garden beds. Explore the garden and search for colorful plants to inspire a still life painting..
Flower Power Sunday June 30th at 11:00 AM Celebrate the healing properties of flowers. Flowers have been known throughout time to have the ability to brighten our moods and help heal our bodies. Identify restorative properties of our favorite flowers and uncover the mystery of their unique personalities. Discover your personal birth flower and how it may be similar to you. Help us preserve garden memories by learning to make sachets, preserves and glycerites for future use.
Please RSVP in advance for availability of supplies to Lisa Z. All workshops are free!
Connect with Us