The Hammonton Community Garden is located at 11th and Washington streets, by the NJTransit train station parking lot.
We are now accepting applications for the 2019 season! See application below. Plots measure approximately 4’x8′ and cost $20 each. The Garden will open this year on Saturday, April 6th at 10:00 am.
All Community Garden members (new & returning) must attend a Garden 101 session. If you are a new gardener and have not attended a session, please email us.
Please print the application, fill it out deliver completed application with payment to Frank Zuber at Town Hall. Checks should be made out to the Town of Hammonton with a note that it is for the Community Garden. Please also email firstname.lastname@example.org when you have submitted your application.
- Hammonton Community Garden 2019 Application (en español aquí)
- Community Garden Guidelines 2018 (en español aquí)
Regular Garden Meetings
Community Garden Members meet just before the Green Committee on the 1st Monday of the month in the 3rd floor conference room at Hammonton Town Hall. Meetings occur at 7:00 pm November through May and at 6:30 pm from June through October.
2019 Garden meeting dates include:
January 7th February 4th March 4th April 1st
- May 6th
- June 3rd*
- July 1st*
- August 5th*,
- September 9th*^
- October 7th*
- November 4th
- December 2nd
*Please note that June through October meetings occur at 6:30 pm.
^Please note September’s meeting will be the 2nd Monday, due to the Labor Day holiday.
Regular Garden Workdays
In an effort to keep this community space in tip-top shape, we host regular Garden workdays. Every gardener is expected to attend at least 4 workdays per garden season.
2019 Garden workdays include:
Saturday, April 6th (2019 Opening Day!) at 10:00 am
- Sunday, April 14th at 10:00 am
- Sunday, May 5th at 10:00 am
- Sunday, May 19th at 10:00 am
- Saturday, June 1st at 10:00 am
- Sunday, June 23rd at 10:00 am
- Saturday, July 13th at 9:00 am*
- Sunday, July 28th at 9:00 am*
- Saturday, August 10th at 9:00 am*
- Sunday, August 25th at 9:00 am*
- Saturday, September 14th at 10:00 am
- Sunday, September 29th at 10:00 am
- Saturday, October 12th at 10:00 am
- Sunday, October 27th (2019 Closing Day) at 10:00 am
*Please note that workdays in July & August begin at 9:00 am rather than 10:00 due to the heat.
Special Garden Events
Every season we host a number of Garden Talks, where local friends of the Garden share their expertise in a particular subject. Past topics have included canning/preserving, reducing food waste through composting, hot sauce, growing hops, garden yoga, etc. Stay tuned for 2019’s lineup of Garden Talks!
- June 11th Garden Talk: Ellie’s Thrifty Kitchen
Every season we host a series of Children’s Workshop, open to children of all ages, regardless of involvement/membership in the Community Garden. Stay tuned for the 2019 lineup of Children’s Workshops!
Please RSVP in advance for availability of supplies to Lisa Z. All workshops are free!
Connect with Us