The Hammonton Green Committee is comprised of resident volunteers who are dedicated to the sustainability of our town’s environment. We are committed to taking on projects and hosting events that will help reduce our environmental footprint and educate citizens on environmental responsibility.
- “Ellie’s Thrifty Kitchen: Whole Plant Cooking” Garden Talk, June 11th 6:30 pm at the Community Garden
- Adopt-A-Road Cleanup June 15th, 9:00 am (meet at library, all supplies provided)
Nurturing Nature Saturday June 22nd at 10:00 AM Join us as we plant, care for and protect our garden. During this lesson we will recognize the nurturing qualities we learn from observing nature. Help us plant seedlings in our community garden beds. Explore the garden and search for colorful plants to inspire a still life painting..
Flower Power Sunday June 30th at 11:00 AM Celebrate the healing properties of flowers. Flowers have been known throughout time to have the ability to brighten our moods and help heal our bodies. Identify restorative properties of our favorite flowers and uncover the mystery of their unique personalities. Discover your personal birth flower and how it may be similar to you. Help us preserve garden memories by learning to make sachets, preserves and glycerites for future use.
- Garden Talk with ShopRite Nutritionist, July 11th at 6:30 pm at the Community Garden
- Green Drinks July 19th, 7:00 pm, (location TBD)
- National Night Out, August 9** (volunteers to staff HGC table)
- Eye Opening Film & Lecture Series– tentatively August 15th at 7:00 pm.
We meet the first Monday of every month in the 3rd floor conference room at Hammonton Town Hall at 7:00 p.m. Please join us!
2019 meeting dates include:
January 7th February 4th March 4th April 1st May 6th June 3rd
- July 1st
- August 5th
- September 9th*
- October 7th
- November 4th
- December 2nd
*Please note September’s meeting will be the 2nd Monday, due to the Labor Day holiday.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or to confirm meeting dates.